SPECIALIZED DIVERGE COMP 2018
Buy in-store or online with FREE in-store pickup.
Model year: 2018
- This is a demo bike and may have cosmetic wear like scratches, dings, etc. Demo bikes are sold as-is.
- This bike has been professionally maintained and is “Hutch’s Certified” and ready to roll.
- Manufacturer warranties do not apply.
- Hutch's new bike benefits do not apply.
- Limited to stock on hand.
- First come, first serve.
- All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.
- Buy online with FREE in-store pickup.
- Buy online and have us ship to you. Flat rate shipping will be added during checkout. (Details)
- Visit the store and buy in-person.
820 NE 3rd Street
Bend, OR 97701
Designed from the ground up as a dyed-in-the-wool adventure machine, the Diverge Comp is your passport to pastures new and routes unridden. Equally adept at clawing up dirt-road climbs as it is on a casual cafe spin or the Sunday road club speedfest, you'd be hard pushed to find a bike that matches it in terms of versatility.
The frame is completely redesigned, making it more capable than ever. The constant goal of the designers and tech experts we had working on the 2018 version of the Diverge was to meet your needs, taking in all your feedback to improve on what was already an excellent bike. The biggest thing we heard from you, loud and clear, was the need for greater tyre clearance, so the Diverge can now run up to 42mm tyres and still have enough room for dirt and mud not to get too clogged up in there. We also made a lot of efforts to shave weight from the Diverge, so we borrowed a couple of things from the Roubaix and built the frame in our FACT 9r carbon fibre, combining unbelievable lightness with impressive stiffness.
Leaving behind the traditional cyclocross geo of the last iteration, we developed Open Road Geometry, a setup specifically engineered around the requirements of exploratory adventures. In essence, we merged the most pertinent elements of road and trail geometry, to create a bike that handles beautifully on both tarmac and hard-packed dirt.
The bike handles predictably but playfully, with plenty of capability for mid-turn drifting and dirt skids. We achieved all this with a lower bottom bracket, slacked out head tube angle, shorter chainstays and by bringing the wheels closer together for a shorter wheelbase.
There's only so much that a wider set of tyres can do when faced with really bumpy terrain, so we've incorporated our new Future Shock tech (made popular on last year's Roubaix) into the Diverge design. This smart addition allows for more predictable handling in the turns, by eliminating the understeer you sometimes get on suspension bikes by keeping the wheelbase the same at all times. The progressive spring we added to the Future Shock on the Diverge means that the bike is equipped to handle larger lumps, bumps and obstacles than the Roubaix with its stiffer suspension.
Really driving home that versatility, we topped the bike off with mounts for racks, fenders and three count em water bottles. All this means the bike can easily be used for touring, bikepacking and commuting, as well as your weekend sorties onto the bridleways and dirt roads.
We specced the Comp with Shimano 105 groupset, hydraulic disc brakes that will stop on a sixpence and a bombproof Axis Elite Wheelset.
- The FACT 9r carbon frame features our adventure-bound Open Road Geometry, Future Shock Progressive suspension with 20mm of travel, and front/rear thru-axles, making it the ultimate tool for your next adventure.
- The lightweight FACT carbon fork is plenty stiff, aiding in handling, rigidity, and an overall light weight.
- The fast-rolling, 2Bliss Ready Trigger Pro tires are perfect for adventure. The fast-rolling center keeps resistance low on the road, while the shoulder knobs dig into corners in the dirt. And with this 2Bliss Ready design, you're able to run lower pressures for more grip & traction, while all but eliminating the risk of pinch flats.
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.
|FRAME||Specialized FACT 9r carbon, Open Road Geometry, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock Progressive suspension, 20mm of travel, flat mount disc, BB386|
|FORK||Specialized FACT carbon, flat mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle|
|FRONT WHEEL||Axis Elite Disc|
|REAR WHEEL||Axis Elite Disc|
|INNER TUBES||700x28/38mm, 48mm Presta valve w/ extender|
|FRONT TYRE||Specialized Trigger Pro, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 700x38mm|
|REAR TYRE||Specialized Trigger Pro, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 700x38mm|
|CRANKSET||Praxis Alba 2D, BB386|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano RS505 disc|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||Shimano 105 Ez, braze-on|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano 105, 11-speed|
|CASSETTE||Shimano 105, 11-speed, 11-32t|
|CHAIN||KMC X11EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Linkâ„¢|
|FRONT BRAKE||Shimano RS505, hydraulic disc|
|REAR BRAKE||Shimano RS505, hydraulic disc|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized Comp Hover Bar, 6061 alloy, 70x125mm w/ Di2 hole|
|TAPE||S-Wrap w/ Sticky gel|
|STEM||Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry Phenom Comp, Adaptive Edge design, Hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm|
|SEATPOST||Specialized CG-R, FACT carbon, single-bolt, 27.2mm|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 31.2mm|
|PEDALS||Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose balls w/ reflectors|