SPECIALIZED RUBY EXPERT ULTEGRA DI2 - WOMEN'S
Buy in-store or online with FREE in-store pickup.
Model year: 2018
- This is a demo bike and may have cosmetic wear like scratches, dings, etc. Demo bikes are sold as-is.
- Available for purchase today.
- This bike has been professionally maintained and is “Hutch’s Certified” and ready to roll.
- Manufacturer warranties do not apply.
- Hutch's new bike benefits do not apply.
- Limited to stock on hand.
- First come, first serve.
- All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.
- Buy online with FREE in-store pickup.
- Buy online and have us ship to you. Flat rate shipping will be added during checkout. (Details)
- Visit the store and buy in-person.
820 NE 3rd Street
Bend, OR 97701
The days of a fast bike being an unforgiving bike are at an end, courtesy of the Ruby Expert Ultegra Di2. Built around a principle that, actually, smoother is faster, the Ruby harnesses new tech and some of our trademark materials for a women's bike that will see you glide over the rough stuff at hitherto unimagined speeds.
The frame on this Ruby model is among the lightest we've ever produced, built with our super-stiff, top-shelf FACT 10r carbon fibre. For the geo, we took some important lessons from the 2018 Ruby's predecessor the SL4 preserving the much-loved fit, feel and position, while increasing the top-end speed and efficiency. Witchcraft Sorcery We just call it a dedication to building super-awesome bikes.
It'd be remiss of us not to mention the single feature that makes the biggest difference to the 2018 Ruby, so without further ado, let's talk Future Shock.
Created in partnership with McLaren Applied Technologies, Future Shock is essentially a spring or piston in the head tube, which adds 20mm of suspension to the front end of the bike ideal for taking some of the impact out when you're hitting lumps, bumps and maybe even the odd cobblestone. By focusing more on vertical compliance than fork splay, we believe we've created a bike that preserves its beautifully smooth handling, even when you're travelling the road less ridden. Of all the bikes we compared it to using our Rolling Efficiency Model, the Ruby was by far the best in class.
To do this bike justice, we needed to use some kickass componentry, including super-swish Shimano Ultegra Di2 electronic shifting, Roval SLX 24 Disc wheels with 8070 hydraulic brakes, plus a women's-specific finishing kit.
- Featuring our Rider-First Engineeredâ„¢ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary responsiveness and smooth ride quality that you'd expect from a Ruby. The FACT 10r frameset is exceptional in every way, offering the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness. Meanwhile, the all-new Future Shock "suspension" system at the cockpit delivers a revolutionary degree of comfort and control.
- The Ruby Disc fork is built from our extraordinary FACT carbon fiber for the lightest possible weight, supreme stiffness, strength, and reactivity, while a thru-axle design only stands to bolster all of the above.
- Comes equipped with a 25lbs spring installed (color: black, weight: medium), and also includes both 13lbs (color: blue, weight: soft) and 40lbs (color: yellow, weight: firm) springs that can be installed to match the terrain you're riding.
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.
|FRAME||Specialized FACT 10r carbon, Women's Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineeredâ„¢, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel, flat-disc mounts|
|FORK||Specialized FACT full-carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle|
|FRONT WHEEL||Roval SLX 24 Disc, DT Swiss 350 hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 24h|
|REAR WHEEL||Roval SLX 24 Disc, DT Swiss 350 hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 24h|
|INNER TUBES||Standard, Presta valve|
|FRONT TYRE||Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm|
|REAR TYRE||Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm|
|CRANKSET||Shimano Ultegra R8000|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Shimano Ultegra|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano Ultegra Di2 8070, hydraulic disc|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||Shimano Ultegra Di2 8070, braze-on|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano Ultegra Di2 8050, 11-speed|
|CASSETTE||Shimano 11-speed Ultegra 8000, 11-28t|
|CHAIN||KMC X11EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Linkâ„¢|
|FRONT BRAKE||Shimano Ultegra Di2 8070 hydraulic disc|
|REAR BRAKE||Shimano Ultegra Di2 8070 hydraulic disc|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized Comp Hover Bar, 6061 alloy, 70x125mm w/ Di2 hole|
|TAPE||S-Wrap w/ Sticky gel|
|STEM||Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise|
|SADDLE||Ruby Comp, 155mm, hollow Cr-Mo rails, Adaptive Edge, gel padding|
|SEATPOST||Specialized CG-R, FACT carbon, single-bolt, 27.2mm|